How to Find Love
How To Find Love: Why You’re Here
You are here because you want to know how to find love. This website is for both men and women who have been on countless first dates and are either tired of the games, are about to give up looking for love, or just looking for some advice. I know how it feels. I was in your shoes at one point as well. I was on the verge of giving up my quest and was accepting the fact that maybe, just maybe, I was supposed to be single. For some reason, I decided to shell out the fee for an online dating site (again) and lo and behold, found the love of my life. My bio tells of how many dating websites I joined and some of the lengths I went to in my search on how to find love.
How To Find Love: Not Exactly
We all know the typical stereotype when it comes to looking for love: hit the bars and hope to find magic. For the women out there, you’ll say that none of the guys at the bar want a relationship. They just want to hook-up or have a one-night stand. For the men, you’ll say that the chicks at the bar are unrealistic in what they want – a knight in shining armor. All you want is a fun girl who doesn’t have enough drama to make you want to blindfold yourself and sprint onto the highway with two 55-gallon drums of gasoline strapped to your back and a lit cigarette. Trust me, I’ve been there before and still have flashbacks.
So in order to find love, you have a few options:
- Keep doing what you are doing (Insanity is the act of doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome)
- Hope and pray a long-lost friend magically appears with a super-hot girl (or guy) that just happens to be single and wants to make babies with you and write you poems about your beauty (if you’re a woman) or have endless sex with you with the game on in the background (if you’re a man)
- Try online dating (I know what you are thinking: please, that is for losers)
- Try new activities, join a local group, etc. (Who has the time?)
- Let your Mom try to hook you up (Personal experience on this one too – trust me, you DO NOT want this. Your definition of the perfect girl and your mom’s definition of the perfect girl are about as close as Pluto is to Earth. Hell, it isn’t even THAT close. She even tried to set up my sister….with a raging alcoholic that couldn’t hold a job. Come to think of it, I think my mom doesn’t like my sister that much. I love you Mom, but matchmaker, you are not.)
- Go to Russia/Thailand/Philippines (really any foreign country) and buy a wife. Sorry ladies, I think you are out of luck on this option – unless you know something that I don’t, in which case I would be very interested to hear about
- Some strange combination of the above (Hey, at least it’s trying)
How To Find Love: Where I Come In
How You Can Find Love will dispel the myths of online dating, the bar scene and all of the other ways you can meet someone. I’ll give my opinion on all things dating in the hopes of helping you how to find love. I’ll even try my best to teach you how to be more approachable and what signs to look for when trying to determine if the other person is interested in you.
I will also sprinkle in humor in my effort to hopefully (key word there) make you laugh. (Just between you and me, my humor tends to be dry and sarcastic. Some of you may get it, some may not. For those of you who do not, just go along with it and pretend you do. After all, no one wants to be an outcast, right?)
I’ll tell you all about my successes and failures from dating as well. Be sure to check out my online dating comparison chart before you sign up for online dating (online dating works if you do it right). Also, read the blog for the latest posts (subscribe to email updates so you never miss a new post and get a free eBook in the process) and connect with me on Twitter and Facebook so that you don’t miss anything new. Finally, subscribe to the YouTube channel as I will be adding some great video’s as time goes on.