This is a quiz for the women readers on How to Tell a Man You’re Not Interested. You’re out with your friends, catching up with each others lives and about the latest deal you got on shoes when a guy approaches you. Regardless of his looks, you are simply not interested. You have too much going in in your life right now or are just enjoying being single. How do you tell a man you’re not interested in him?
- Completely ignore him
- Pretend you can’t hear him over the band/loud music until he leaves
- Laugh at him and say, “not in a million years would I be seen with you”
- Tell him you aren’t interested
I am hoping you chose option D. I say this because it takes a ton of courage for a man to approach a woman, especially one that he is attracted to/interested in. If you laugh at him, berate him, or do anything to crush his confidence, it is going to take a long time for him to build the courage to approach another woman.
How to Tell a Man You’re Not Interested
When the guy approaches you, smile and acknowledge him. Make small talk with him for a few minutes. It’s not going to kill you to just converse with him for a minute or two before you drop the bomb. Regardless of how painful this might seem to you, just look at it as a way of improving your social skills.
Once you talk for a few minutes, simply say “it was nice talking to you (insert name here), but I’m just out having a good time with friends. I really appreciate you coming to talk to me, but I want to get back to my friends now.” It’s as simple as that.
By doing this you accomplish a few things:
- You let him down easy. This will help him in the long run. When a typical guy is preparing to approach a girl, every worst-case scenario is running through his head. By being nice to him, you help him to get over that worst-case scenario fear. He will be more likely to approach women in the future.
- You benefit as well. Next time you are out and see a cute guy you are interested in, don’t be surprised if he doesn’t approach you. Even if you follow my steps for how to attract men, he may not come. Why? The reasons are endless. But one of those reasons could be that the last girl he approached made him feel like crap with how she told him she wasn’t interested in him.
This Doesn’t Apply to Players
Of course, my strategy for how do you tell a man you’re not interested in him doesn’t work on guys with game. If a guy comes up to you with any sort of pick-up line like, “do you have a mirror in your pants because I could see myself down there”, you have every right to humiliate him. But for all other men, be gentle with him. Approaching a woman is probably one of the hardest things to do. By being gentle, you help him grow and hopefully some other woman did the same so that your future partner can approach you as well.